Raise your hand if the quarantine has you pressed for time more than usual. Between the kids, clients, and Zoom calls, your daily beauty routine has taken a backseat. But no need to fret, we’ve got you covered with five flawless go-to products to swiftly save you some much needed time.
- Cleanser: You always want to make sure that you cleanse your face twice a daily. Once in the morning, and once before bed. Shani Darden is the founder of Shani Darden Skin Care and she has a cleanser for $38 that will help elevate your glow because her products aren’t harsh, and won’t strip the skin. Her products can be found online at Sephora.
- Toner: Using a facial toner a regular basis will have your skin looking and feeling great. So, if you’re still running on little to no energy, your coworkers wouldn’t be able to tell! (Winning) In a way, using a toner helps wake your skin up. Rosewater is a popular toner because it has low levels of alcohol which makes it suitable for sensitive skin. You can purchase Rosewater, but it’s also easy to make at home. Jacq’s Organics is a plant-based all natural skin care brand that has a nontoxic face toner that revitalizes your skin. Her products can be found online at BLK + GRN website for $19.
- Serum: Face serums are good for hydrating, boosting radiance, reducing acne, and brightens skin. Beautystat, created by chemist Ron Robinson, has two vitamin C face serums. One serum is just for your eye, while the other one is made for your entire face. You can find these products at Bluemercury, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus between $65-$80.
- Moisturizer: No matter what skin type you have, it’s imperative that you put moisture back into your skin. Yes, even if you have oily skin, you need a moisturizer. When picking out a moisturizer, you want to make sure that it matches your skin type and the season. Rihanna launched Fenty Skin this year and her line includes a moisturizer valued at $35 dollars. You can purchase Fenty Skin products online at FentyBeauty.com or at Sephora.
- Bb Cream: This product is all you need after you have completed the previous steps above. Instead of applying heavy foundation, Bb cream is a light alternative that still provides flawless and smooth coverage. It also helps moisturize, soothe and brighten skin, provide sun protection, and helps to even out skin tone. You’ll be on your Zoom call looking like you spent 20-30 minutes on a full face, but really only spent 7-10 minutes getting ready. Black Radiance Beauty is a black owned beauty brand that sells BB Cream for $7 at Target, and on their online website.
If you completed steps 1-5, you should now be ready for your Zoom call. Let us know what your go-to beauty products are in the comments below!